Thursday, January 2, 2014

Indigo Blues

Lately, I've had a thing for the color Indigo. I mean think about it, it's almost a forgotten color. It's in the rainbow but when we draw one it's always left out. I decided to look up the meaning behind Indigo and here is what I found:

If Your Favorite Color is Indigo


  • With indigo as your favorite color, you are honest, compassionate and understanding. Integrity is extremely important to you.
  • You need structure in your life - organization is important to you and you can be quite inflexible when it comes to order in your life.
  • You may sometimes be moody and introspective.
  • You love law and order - justice is important to you - you'll defend people's rights until the end.
  • You love creating drama in your life.
  • You are impartial and fair, defending the rights of others to the end.
  • You can be quite the dramatist, making a mountain out of a molehill, when you are stressed.

Hmmm, very interesting….    Anyway, I've found the color rather intriguing for awhile often pinning items on Pinterest.







Then one day we came across a store in Corona Del Mar called Jux-ta-po-sit-ion where they had a huge assortment of indigo. Unfortunately, it was very pricey.

I started looking on Ebay for indigo fabric for sale and though I found some, the timing was just wrong. I think I'm drawn to Indigo because it reminds me of classic British decorating. I often would see touches of indigo when looking through British magazines. I classic Spode ware pitcher here, or a well-loved seat there.




It just meant home to me. I've slowly added indigo items into my home.




Including the star quilt found above. The best is a book was issued dedicated to Indigo that I received for Christmas:
A fantastic book to add to your collection with beautiful photos. AND then when I went to the mailbox the other day I found this:

Oh, Happy Day!!!  

Well, I didn't really think I could say so much about a color.
Do you have a favorite color?











No comments:

Post a Comment