Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Dreaded Nail Trimming...


Ok, I didn't nail anything but cutting JDQ's nails is one of the things that I dread most. Yes, the dreaded nail clippers.  He moves around so much I can't possibly cut them while he is awake so I wait until he is asleep. Though at times, I get caught up in doing other things or he only takes a 20 minute nap and there goes my opportunity to trim his nails. Today I was determined to cut them. He had fallen asleep on his back.... PERFECT! By the time I came back (I needed to make sure he was asleep) this is how I found him...



Uhmmm, yep, thanks for working with me JDQ. As I tiptoe up to his crib and peer over


 I knew there would be no way to trim his nails. Again... No, no, they needed to be trimmed, I wasn't going to let fear get to me. The fear that he would wake too early before I finished.  And seriously, look at these! They needed to be trimmed and I was going to to do it.


First, I tried to put my hands between the railings, like that was going to work... too small. I decided I would first trim the hand on the bottom.  Carefully.... slowly..... I pull it out and have it at the perfect angle. Ziippp! JDQ pulls it right back up close to his body but, luckily, near the openings of his crib. Ok, I can work with this. I sit down on the floor and proceed to snip away. Pointer finger, index, ring, pinky... then the thumb. One hand done! Success! Now for the other hand. I first try to cut it at the angle it was at (under his body) but couldn't maneuver the clippers nor my hand. Plus I dropped the clippers, luckily onto the mattress. Darn things are so small! I needed to pull the hand out from under him. Slowly..... slowly(needing to tug now)..... YIKES! Eyes open! I quickly rest my hand on his back; eyes close, he falls back to sleep. But now I need to wait a little longer to make sure he is fully asleep. Fifteen minutes go by I know he'll be dead asleep. When suddenly the whirr from the gardener's leaf blower starts and....  WAHHHHHH!!!
Sigh.... it looks like I'll be trimming hand number two tomorrow..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment